Hey everyone!

My name is Sania Rehman and I am 21 years old. My parents come from the beautiful province of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan.
Currently I am studying political science and business administration at the Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main. I chose to study at this particular university because of its outstanding performances ( in the past and today) in PoSci, Economics and Sociology. Another reason is that this university is known to have the most beautiful campus ( I totally agree!)compared to other universities in Germany, but that's another story..

Now some sentences to myself as a person:
I would describe myself as a very open, curious and sometimes too passionate person. I love to work thoroughly and precisely.
I have always been very interested in communicating with others, getting to know them better and having a good relationship with my friends and family. Being in a good company, having many laughs and long discussions about differents topics while having tea and a delicious slice of cake make me happy. Also, many people have told me that my smile makes them happy, that is why I try to smile a lot, because I love to put a smile on peoples face. It's just me!
In my spare time I like to hang out with my friends and family, sometimes at home, while getting cozy or outside having lunch or dinner together. Apart from that, my biggest passion since childhood is baking. I love to bake, not only for myself or for my family, but also for friends, for special occassions or even for my high school class back in the days. Creating different recipes, mixing different ingredients together and observing my very own creation in the oven make me forget all my uni stress and I can relax myself. It's the best! Besides that, I try to keep myself fit and healthy, so I  go with my closest friend for a jog spontaneously or go the gym when I have enough time.

Since High School I have been thinking a lot about topics like inequality, migration and integration and I have realized how important it is to help affected people who suffer from injustice and inequality but still want to integreate themselves into society. As my passion to make a positive impact and improve the conditions of those around me I started to volunteer as an `InteGREATer`. This non-profit organization is run by young motivated students with the aim of couraging even younger students for higher education. We adress schools and other institutions where we talk to younger students about our personal educational history and share with them our difficulties and challenges. which we had to overcome. Due to our multicultural background, we are also able to talk to their parents in our respective mother language in order to answer questions concerning their children's future. Furthermore, we explain to them the German school system, because many from educational disadvantaged families do not know what chances and oppurtunities their children have in Germany. The purpose of our work is to prevent prejudices and to improve the image of migrants permanently. Since 2015 I am corporating and leading our group, which means administering the email ID of this organization, responding to emails and sending off regular internal newsletters to team-members. I also organize our monthly meetings in Frankfurt. Back in High School I organized a lot of different projects and since then everytime I get the chance to plan something, I enjoy it to the fullest! Now you might think that I am a very busy person who is working all the time and indeed I am, but I love it and I can't imagine my life to be different than that. 
As having mentioned my interests and literally my daily life routine, I would like to get a glimpse into an american students' life. Particularly, I ask myself how much time do they invest in their study and how much in their spare time?  Is the atmosphere in classes much different than those here in Germany? Also, I would like to get to know more about integration and migration processes in the U.S . Concerning both topics, I think San Antonio is the best city to get to know that, because of its high number of hispanics and mexicans. Ultimately, I am planing on spending a full academic year abroad during my Bachelor's degree for which the U.S is at the top of the preference list, given its unique portfolio of internationally recognized top-notch universities.

With all that being said, I am super exicted for my time at Trinity University. It will be my first time in the United States and I can't wait to meet local Americans!

See you soon!
Regards,
Sania

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Food

Our jorney and first impressions