Our jorney and first impressions

Today is the 11th of September and we arrived on Monday, the 4th of September. Since that day I have been collecting lots of experiences and impressions, and now I am ready to share my first Impressions.
So, our journey from Frankfurt to San Antonio was extremey exhausting and nervewracking, but all of us stayed strong and literally noone slept in the plane, so jetlag had no chance to defeat us. As our flight from Frankfurt to Dallas was delayed for about 30minutes, we had to rush through the Dallas Airport ( and through Immigration, too!) to get our flight to San Antonio on time. Luckily, no one had problems at the immigration, but unfortunately four of us did miss the flight to San Antonio. They reached the gate, when it was just closing. They even tried to talk to the pilot but in the end, they had to wait for four hours for the next flight. Me, and my other friends, who made it on time were feeling worried and sad. We did no really know how to react, but we tried to stay calm. 

When nine of us FISTUs arrived in San Antonio, we were welcomed by two Trinity students, Michaela and Cole. Getting into the private Trinity Van and driving to Trinity University make me felt excited. That was the time I realized for the first time, that I am in another continent without my family. If someone had asked me in January 2017, whether I can imagine to be in the U.S.in Summer 2017, I would have laughed and shake my head, because that would have sounded like a dream, but it has become true! During our drive from the airport to Trinity University, I saw palms for the first time in my life and I still could not believe, that I am in the U.S.





Arriving Trinity University, and seeing its the red bricks, which are already seen from the highway, made everything so exciting! When I alighted from the Van and felt the heat of San Antonio, I thought, that this is going to be amazing here, while the fall in Germany has already started.
First, we went to Witt Center, where our roomates were patiently waiting for us. As one week has already passed, I can say that I am pretty lucky to have Kathrine as my roomate. She is very friendly and helps me whenever I need help and most importantly she is a very tidy person.
The next few days we did a lot of things. We got to know the University Campus and the interns, who will be 'looking after us'. The biggest obvious difference between Germany and the U.S. are the people. Everyone is very friendly and open-minded. I have never experienced, that strangers come up to me and try to talk to me in a very positive friendly way. Another topic is the food. The portions of the food are incredibly big. The quality of food is very different compared to the food back in Germany. But this is how it is :-)
In a nutshell, I can say that I am feeling very comfortable with everything. There were some aspects we all had to get used to, for example the AC, but by today, we all are fine and happy and I hope, that everyone stays healthy!

Best,
Sania

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Food