Highlights

Today I want to tell you something about the highlights and must do's, while you are in San Antonio.
One of the highlights, that I won't forget is the Japanese Tea Garden.  We actually planned this trip spontaneously, so we did not expect anything much. First we walked up the stairs, and arrived at a buildung which lookes like this: 



When we arrived, we were not surprised, but as soon as we went behind this buildung, we an incredibly beautiful scenery:

Lots of flowers I have never seen or smelled before and fishes, different plants and a waterfall (background on the picture)  were to be seen in this beautiful garden. Immediately, I started walking through this whole garden, and for the fist time since I am in SA, I felt very relaxed. This place is awesome, if you want to be for yourself for a while. In Germany, I think there is no such garden, where you can find these kind of plants and expecially a waterfall in a garden is rare in Germany.
However, I am so in love with this place that I am thinking to go again, as long as I am here, so I can enjoy the peaceful spirit this garden gives me.

The second highlight was LuLus café. It is known for its super big sized cinnamon roll, which is so big, that it is probably enough for 10 adults. Before I applied for Fulbright, I had already heard about this café and at that time it seemed impossible for me to go there, or at least very far in the future.
In this picture I am comparing the size of my hand and the size of the cinnamon roll. The cinnamon roll tasted super sweet, so it was pretty difficult to eat one whole cutted piece, but however, this experience is unique for me, as I have a sweet tooth and love experiencing different things, whether it is food or beautiful views. Also the interns, who were accompanying us on that evening, where shocked about the size of the cinnamon roll and as they did not expect it to be so big, we ordered too many cinnamon rolls. That is why we packed the rest in bags and I gave a piece to my roomate. She enjoyed it! So, I recommend to everyone, who is planning or will ever plan to go to SA, to go to that place and enjoy the feeling of being in the U.S. even more!

The third best thing is an acitivity, I have almost everytime access to. It is the outdoor swimming pool on the campus. I go almost everyday swimming with Maria, Nadja oder Anile and it is the best refreshment for hor days at Trinity. In the beginning it was a little bit difficult for me to adjust, just because I am not a good swimmer, but I have been improving my skills and trying to get even better. COmpared to Germany, there are many problems for women, who want to swim in whole-body swimming suits in public places. This is the reason, why I have not been swimming for severak years. Here at trinity no one cares what I am wearing and how I swim. In general, I have to say that people will not give you that much attention while you pass by someone. No one will look at your clothes or try judge you, which is awesome here in the U.S. So, I am enjoying swimming as much as I can and I will surely miss this!

To summarize, these three things were amazing so far and were an unique experience, but I also want to mention that all the others activities we did, like going to the McNay, visiting a musical, and going to the Institute of Texan Cultures were very interesting and are also memories I won't forget.

Best,
Sania


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Food

Our jorney and first impressions